Acts 11 vs 26: They were called Christians first in Antioch
2 Corinthians 3 vs 3: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
TITLE: Do The Work Of An Evangelist
2 Timothy 4:1-5
5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
- Start by preaching and praying for the people in your household
The world is sick and needs healing (death, plagues, natural disasters, diseases, famine, ungodliness, sexual immorality, rituals, beastility, murders, suicides, Ancestral worship, abuse, occultism).
The duty of the church is not only to get you ready for heaven but it is to raise preachers.
John 15:1-2 >> Bear more fruit, v8>> What gives God more glory is when we bear more fruits.
Everyone in this church should be able to speak the word to someone else.
When it comes to speaking about soccer or some of the sopies that are being watched some can talk for hours but the would of God 30 seconds is a long time.
Preaching the word of God is like talking, if you can talk then you can preach
Matthew 25:14–30 >> Parable of the talents
If you have been coming to church for a long time then you should be able to talk about Christ for a long time too
The bible becomes more meaningful when you start sharing it. Practicing something makes you more pro efficient in that thing.
The heart of God is burdened because the church has lost its passion to win the lost to Jesus.
These unsaved people, we meet with them, eat with them, hang out with them, work with them but never speak to them about Jesus, yet we watch them go to hell
There are many ways we can be involved in evangelism:
- Prayer and intercession for those that are lost
- Active Evangelism – wherever you are you speak about Jesus
- Financing the gospel
- Using influence to protect those that are in the field
Keys to successful evangelism:
- Personal Revival & corporate revival
- Equipping the saints
- Community outreach – Matthew 4: 23
- Look after and follow up new convents – Luke 22:31–32
Luke 15:7 >> I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance. Testimony of when Bishop met someone in the Salon.
All believers should be evangelical Christians. Jesus has commanded us all to share the Good News with others. God will use you to carry out His will. The more we witness the more people get saved. How can people get saved if they don’t hear the gospel?
Stop hogging the gospel to yourself and spread it. If evangelism stops more people are going to hell. The most loving thing you can ever do is share Jesus with an unbeliever.
Evangelizing helps us grow in Christ. I know sometimes it is scary, but will fear stop you from making a difference?
When you evangelize, it is the same as asking a sister out.
The Devil is also in the business of evangelizing Galatians 5: 19-21
Most people in the church have delegated the responsibility of evangelism to Pastors, pastors have the responsibility of looking after the sheep, shepherds don’t make sheep, sheep make sheep.
If you are a strong believer of Christ you will attract unsaved people to you, when they see the joy of the Lord over you and the way you love other people, they will say that I want to have what you already have.
The way you store up treasure in heaven is by investing in getting people there.
We have become so content with not winning people.
In Matthew 21, the Lord Jesus cursed a fig tree because it didn’t bear fruits
Proverbs 11:30>> Whosoever wins souls is wise.
Winning people to the Lord requires developing relationships. The Lord requires us to cultivate a relationship and not to go out there and say you will go to hell if you don’t repent and leave them.
People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Evangelism is not about quoting scriptures to prove people wrong. It is really about showing them the Love of Christ.
Evangelism is the spreading of the Gospel — literally, “good news” — with the intent of converting others to faith in Jesus Christ.
If we don’t evangelize God will use other ways to evangelizing. We want to look at an examples in the bible that God used to evangelize himself.
- Ananias and Sapphira – Acts 5 vs 1 – 5
The only problem that we as a church have done is that we have taught people how to quote scriptures but we haven’t taught them how to love people.
Matthew 9 vs 37-38 >> Pray for Laborers, pray for people to have passion for Christ – The same way you push for network marketing is the same energy you need to push for preaching Christ.
Imagine people using the same aggression to share about Christ to people that are not saved. When was the last time you prayed for someone to get saved, when was the last time you brought someone to church.
Matthew 4 vs 19 >> the Lord has called you to be a fisher of men. Fishing is evangelism. If you need to catch kapenta you need to use a net, if you need to catch medium sized fish you use a fishing rod, if you need to catch larger fish you use trolling. If you want to catch a shark you need to use a medium sized fish.
The bait as well differs, smaller fish you can use LED light to catch them. Some you fish at night and some you fish in the day time.
As a fisherman you need to know which part of the water the fish will be, in what levels the fish will be, what kind of fish would be in this area, what type of fish would be in this type of water.
The animal kingdom shows us that different animals eat different foods, Kudu eats and a lion eats meat. The way a snake attracts its pray (rattle snake or a cobra) is different from how a crocodile gets its prey.
God is telling us that we need to know were the sinner will be, what type of sinners are we going to find in certain areas in society, what bait we use to bring them to Christ, what kind of levels is the sinner at.
This could be the reason why Jesus’s first disciples were fishermen. Fish don’t come to you but you go out fishing, we need to go to where they are and find them.
Sometimes the fish is not far, some are were you work, some are in your neighborhood, some in your schools, some in the same house you live in, some in the same school. How would you catch an octopus, crocodile, whale?
Fish do not sleep.
Romans 1 vs 16>> If you are in danger or your child is in danger, if I care about you and you are in trouble and should run to you and say danger you are in trouble, your house or car is burning.
If you notice that someone is on the road to hell or to destroy their lives you need to have enough boldness to speak to them. But some of us have never opened up our mouths to anybody, because you are ashamed of the gospel you ae afraid of what they will say about you.
2 Corinthians 5: 20 >> Become ambassadors of Christ
1 Peter 3:15 >> be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh
5 examples of how we are supposed to evangelize
- Phillip and the Ethiopian Eunuch – Acts 8 vs 26-40
- Man at the Beautiful Gate – Acts 3 vs 1-10
- Jonah – 1 vs 1-3, 3 vs 1-5,
- Macedonian vision – Acts 16 vs 9-10
- The woman of Samaria – John 4
Matthew 10: 12-14 >> As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
We must tell others about what God did for sinners because of His awesome love for us. He brought His Son to live the perfect life that we couldn’t live. Jesus who is God in the flesh, took upon the wrath of God that we deserve. He died, was buried, and was resurrected for our sins. Trust in Christ alone for salvation. In Christ we are justified before God.
Matthew 5:16 >> Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Acts 8: 4 >>
Luke 14 vs 21-23: they don’t necessarily need to come to your church but they can go to any church.
- How do you minister to someone that says I already know that I am going to hell
- How do you witness to someone that that has shut you out when you evangelized to them
- How do I evangelize to my coworkers at work
- If God is good, why is there evil in this world?
- I`m a good person, so why do I have to accept Jesus to go to heaven?
- If God is so loving, why would He send someone to hell?
- How do you know that God is real?
I give audience to anyone that has a question that they have encountered during evangelism.
How to effectively evangelize
- Pray – Look for a need that the person has and pray over it. Ask them what can I pray for you today
- Listen to them – Don’t interrupt them when they speak. James 1: 19 >> quick to hear and slow to speak. Be slow to respond and listen more
- Breaking bread with them – Sharing a meal with someone creates a stronger bond.
- Meet a need that they have – if children don’t have school shoes or if they don’t have electricity. Before you say a verse meet a need that they might have.
- Say a testimony – weather it is about you or about someone else.
Matthew 28:18-20 >> Go ye out in the world and preach the gospel.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Luke 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you must say.
Matthew 10:7-8 >> As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
- Lord, impact me with divine wisdom and understanding to win souls into your kingdom, in Jesus name.
- As I made up my mind to seek your kingdom by embarking on winning souls, O Lord, let my desires be established and multiplied
- Anti -evangelism and anti-soul winning spirit, my life is not your candidate I bind and cast you out from my life and my mission, in Jesus name.
- Principalities and powers working to hinder my converts not to surrender their lives to Christ completely, be destroyed by fire, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, I key into your heavenly purpose for evangelism and soul winning. I shall not perish nor lack but live to fulfill Your heavenly purpose for my life.
- O Lord my God, as I continually keep your word and purpose, empower me to overcome all activities of the devil, in Jesus name.
- O Lord my Father, as I appear before all the people I will preach to, use me as a deliverer so that they will repent and turn unto thee, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord my Father, cause them that I will preach and pray for to repent and possess their possessions, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, use me in a time of need for my people, so that they will not perish.
- Esther 4 :16. O Lord, I will not rest until you give me souls to harvest for your kingdom, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, crown your people with the crown of life that will not fall off from their head, in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus Christ, defend and provide for me on the course of my evangelism and soul winning, in Jesus name. Lord Jesus Christ, I hope in you for soul winning, give me more souls this time, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, give me open doors for evangelism and soul winning that I may win souls and populate your kingdom
- Any power anywhere that want to stand on my way of evangelism and soul winning, receive fire, fall down and die, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, give me the heart and all it takes to persist in evangelism and soul winning, in Jesus name
- O Lord, lay your hands upon me and enable me to raise living and dead souls for your kingdom, in Jesus name.
- Holy Ghost fire, break and destroy anything that will not allow me to succeed in evangelism and soul winning, in Jesus name.
- Blood of Jesus Christ, silence every voice that want to discourage me in the business of evangelism and soul winning, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, in your business of evangelism and soul winning, help me to be fruitful and prosper to your glory.
- Angels of God, go before me and behind me in my business of harvesting souls for your kingdom, in Jesus name
1 Corinthians 11:23-26