A psalm of David.
1The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,so why should I tremble?
2When evil people come to devour me,when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.3Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked,I will remain confident. 4The one thing I ask of the Lord—
the thing I seek most— is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. 5For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. 6Then I will hold my head high above my enemies who surround me. At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy,
singing and praising the Lord with music. 7Hear me as I pray, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me! 8My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” 9Do not turn your back on me.Do not reject your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don’t leave me now; don’t abandon me, O God of my salvation! 10Even if my father and mother abandon me,
the Lord will hold me close. 11Teach me how to live, O Lord.Lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me. 12Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I’ve never done; with every breath they threaten me with violence. 13Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. 14 Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous.Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
- MAN WAS NOT CREATED TO BE SERVED BY GOD, THOUGH HE SERVES MAN ALL THE TIME
- MAN WAS ALSO NOT CREATED JUST TO GET THE MOST OUT OF LIFE BEFORE HE DIES
- MAN WAS CREATED TO GLORIGY GOD, TO ESTEEM GOD AND TO ADORE GOD
- MAN WAS CREATED TO LOVE GOD AND TO LIFT UP THE NAME OF GOD
- MAN WAS CREATED WITH A WORSHIPPER’S HEART THAT WAS INTENDED TO BE WHOLLY DEVOTED TO GOD
- ABRAHAM’S LIFE WAS MARKED BY IMPERFECTION BUT BY HIS UNWAVERING CONFIDENCE IN GOD
- FAITH IS NOT STAGNANT
- FAITH IS ACTIVE AND ENGAGED IN GOD
- ABRAHAM WAS ABLE TO PERSEVERE BECAUSE OF HIS FAITH
- WHEN MAN GAINS AN UNDERSTANDING OF HIS PURPOSE IN LIFE, HE WILL BE ABLE TO WORSHIP GOD DAILY IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH
- ROMANS 4:20 SAYS THAT ABRAHAM GREW IN HIS FAITH TOWARD GOD AND THAT HIS UNWAVERING FAITH GLORIFIED GOD
- EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD DESIRE ABRAHAM’A KIND OF FAITH
- THUS YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR PURPOSE AND CALLING WHICH IS TO GLORIFY GOD WITH YOUR LIFE
- FAITH IS A CONVICTION ABOUT THE THINGS WE CANNOT SEE
- CONVICTION IS A DEEP PERSUATION OR ASSURANCE CONCERNING A MATTER
- BIBLE SAYS ABRAHAM WAS FULLY PERSUADED THAT GOD WOULD KEEP HIS PROMISE ROMANS 4:21
- THUS SCRIPTURE SHOWS US THAT THERE IS A MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KNOWING WHAT GOD HAS PROMISED AND BELIEVING THAT HE WILL FULFILL HIS PROMISE
- MANY PEOPLE SIMPLY KNOW WHAT GOD HAS PROMISED BUT WHEN THE TESTING COME IT IS CLEAR THAT THEY DON’T REALLY BELIEVE
- STAND FOR YOUR FAITH IN GOD TODAY NEVER WAVER BECAUSE OF ANYTHING
- FATHER I THANK YOU FOR THE FAITH YOU HAVE GIVEN ME
- HELP ME TO BOTH GUARD AND GROW MY FAITH IN CHRIST IN JESUS NAME EPHESIANS 3:14-20