Revelation 22: 10-13
- By now, it is public knowledge that Jesus is coming, every Christian by now should know
- Perhaps the question we ask ourselves is when it will happen.
- As we see signs and more signs as Jesus spoke about what will happen at the last days.
- Thessalonians 5:1-4
What men like most is to receive
- We like gifts always; we feel good all the time we receive them.
- We receive them on our birthdays, weddings when we get married,
- Sometimes we get them as surprises, and we feel good when we receive them.
- Jesus is our gift for salvation because we did not sweat in any way to be saved. Romans 5:8
- I personally I feel blessed and appreciate to receive salvation as a gift
- As much as Jesus was a gift to us, despite God raising Him up,
- God still rewarded Jesus handsomely, to us He is a gift to God Jesus did something worth rewarding.
- We must be mindful, that the is a difference between gifts and reward.
- A gift you don’t really earn it, it is something that can come unexpectedly.
- While reward is something given in return to what you have done
- You are rewarded for your effort.
- You do something first before you are rewarded.
The power of the gift must not be undermined: Deuteronomy 16: 19
- By itself, when we receive something good that blesses the soul.
- We are cautioned to receive gifts with care because you can be compromised.
- Hearts has been worn by gifts.
- Offices has been corrupted by gifts.
- If the gift is big, ask yourself first why, what could be the catch.
- Revelation 5: 12 -14
When ever you do good, you will not go without a reward.
It pleases God and acknowledge your deeds by rewarding them.
Hebrew 6: 10
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His name, in that ye have ministered to the saints and do minister.
Math 7: 7-11
How can I make my reward better: Math 6: 1-6( 16 -18)
- Set your mind on God in what-ever you do in life, provided it is right.
- In the book of Math 6, God teaches man how to focus our efforts on him
- The motivation should not, to be men pleaser.
- but God who see the motive of am man’s heart.
- Hear the advice from God who will provide the reward.
- God’s reward is above any other reward for example what man can give cannot compare to that reward.
- Gods reward is durable, does not lose value or expire
- You will agree with me, that you never get tired of moon light and or complain about a sunny morning
The bible says in 1Corinthians 2:9, But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.
- The imagination of man no matter how strong cannot come near the reward God has install for us.
- What a surprise to come for those who love God
- In this world there are beautiful things we see and admire, beautiful cars, new tech, even beautiful people
- The reality is that all these things don’t last for ever.
- Their lifespan is limited.
The generosity of God
- God will do it because He is generous.
- If God can give the world with all its resources to man, beautiful landscapes, diamonds, gold
- What more can He not give to all those who love God and please Him
- We know the ability of God that He is is able, with God all things are possible including giving you the best reward ever. Mark 9:23.
- He was determined to bless Abraham
Genesis 12: 1-5 & 13:2
He generously blessed Salomon that the queen of Sheba went back astonished.
1Kings 3:11 -14
Colossians 3: 23 -25
We sometimes get carried away, thinking that it is only certain things that are biblical.
Thinking that God does not mind certain things outside church.
I have news for you whatever you do in this world centres around two commandments.
God and men
To love God with all your heart and to love your neighbour as yourself.
Whatever you don’t do write is that you are violating the first or the second commandment.
Bad attitude in a government office, stealing from other people, overprizing your sales the reward from God applies.
Persecuted Luke 6:22-23 & 1Corith15:58
When you are persecuted because of the gospel God promises a reward.
Maybe family members rejected you, husband has left you
Fiancé has dropped you because of the fact that you are born again.
When they call you inappropriate names?
Don’t worry, don’t despair, it is not in vain.
A reward is promised that it is great.
The assurance from God is that you will be rewarded.
Galatian Chapter 6:9-10 is encouraging us to be steadfast and continue doing good, time to be rewarded is coming.
Revelation 22:11 -13
To make your reward better from God is in your hand.
God knows the unjust
He knows those that are filthy.
He also knows those that are holy.
The bottom line is that all will be rewarded for what they do.
Today God is telling us to make our reward better.
Let us make the necessary changes we need to do.