The Macedonian Call: Acts 16: 6 – 10
2 Corinthians 2:12 >> The preaching of the word of God opened up a door in Troas
Isaiah 22: 22>> And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
Matthew 16: 18-19 >> And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
What is a Curse?
- A curse is a mystery,
- it is a spiritual force, has magnetic characteristics – it has an attracting power,
- is always negative in its manifestation,
- it’s an invocation – a programming that is designed to attract woes and calamities in the life of its victim
- Its made manifest in the life of the victim through utterances
The characteristics of the Curse
- Patterns or repetition of things that happen – sometimes we do not see these patterns because someone is covering for you ie paying your bills
- Trans generational
- Self-inflicting curses OR spoken over your life – not being in Christ. Self-inflicting curses – Deuteronomy 27: 15 – 26
- They operate on legal ground Jesus had to be born, had to be a man, had to wait till 30 to start ministry. Proverbs 26:2 >> As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
Example of cursed Names:
1. So and so the prostitute
2. So and so the thief
3. So and so the bad luck
4. So and so the borrower
5. So and so the widow
6. So and so the divorced
7. So and so the orphan
8. So and so the unemployed
9. So and so the barren
10. So and so the un married
11. So and so the sick one
- So and so the stupid one
- So and so the poor one
- So and so the beggar
Ecclesiastes 7: 1a >> A good name is better than precious ointment
Some of these names are inherited from evil relatives
Examples of people in the bible that had cursed names
- Jabez – 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
- Benoni – Genesis 35: 16 – 18 >> Benoni means son of my sorrow, or pain
- Jacob to Israel – Genesis 32:22–28>> Jacob means to follow, to be behind, supplanter – someone or something taking the place of another, deceiver,
- You could be a victim of things that took place to you before your existence. What is your identity, what is your name, what are you known as?
- The way God blessed him was to change he’s identity. Being blessed means change my proverb, change what people have been calling me. A proverb like nobody in your family will make it, like father like son, like mother like daughter.
- Where ever you go to the curse follows you eg uk.
- Disobedience to God can bring curses on you: Deuteronomy 28: 15 – 19, 45
- There is a reason why we keep failing as a family, whatever pattern we saw in your parents and you are seeing it now must die in the name of Jesus.
- What can be done in 2 weeks you take 2 years – degree.
- You have never had I full month in good health.
- You saw your mother living on drugs and you are doing the same. Lamentations 5:7 >> Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne their iniquities.
Numbers 22 vs 1 – Numbers 24 vs 25
Examples of people with cursed name:
- Some families the men never rise regardless of what they do
- Some godly women but the minute the guy proposes he disappears, and you might say you are fat let me loose weight but it doesn’t work
- Building for 20 years but haven’t finished
- A strange woman appears to you in a dream and sleeps with you.
- Deuteronomy 7:26 >> Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.
- Sometimes we label some people as witches – because you married a woman and your wealth starts dwindling and you think the wife is a witch, some curses operate when you marry. One month after the marriage you cant work you blame it on the wife.
- A family with graduates but the only one employed is driver or a cleaner
- Tender one thing missing
- There are families that are just victims of abuse. Mother, Father, brothers, sisters. People meet them and leave them there after with pain
- Deuteronomy 23:5 >> Nevertheless the Lord thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the Lord thy God turned the curse into a blessing unto thee, because the Lord thy God loved thee.
- Some ladies will only get pregnant out of wedlock
- Some people will not pass a certain age in the family
- Some men spend the whole day playing draft laughing and drinking beer and the women work, build houses and buy cars, it’s a curse on the men.
- Sometimes you see on old woman still working at 71 years carrying wood, where are the children? One is in prison the other one is living their own life not wanting to associate
- Galatians 3:13 >> Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
- You get in some families some women who get impregnated by different men, the 4 children all have different fathers.
- You always run into trouble, you always loose peace and joy.
- Some men that will never leave their father’s house, when they marry they bring their wives to their fathers house and stay there.
- Children don’t see their grand parents
- Genesis 3 vs 14-19 >> (Adam and Eve eating of the forbidden fruit)
- Some people’s families the male children or female children all die
- Some women never get married if they do they are divorced or don’t have children
- Some people no matter how hard they work will not achieve anything
- Some get the highest qualifications but never get jobs
- Genesis 4 vs 11-13 >> (The curse that came on Cain because he killed Abel)
- Some are blessed with beauty but don’t get married
- Some when they get pregnant, they miscarry the child
- Some run business but always lead in losses or employees stealing from them
- Some are cursed to never own cars if they do its involved in an accident
- Genesis 9: 25 -27 >> (Ham receives a curse for seeing he’s father’s nakedness)
- Some when it comes to writing exams after studying very hard they cant blank in the exam or fall sick that they cant take the exam
- Some when it comes to the day of getting married or formal introductions something just happens to stop the whole event
- Some get jobs that they cant keep regardless of performance
- Some families the girls do not wed they just get impregnated and they die, there is a curse of single parenthood
- Genesis 49 vs 3-4 >> (Curse upon Reuben). But blessed in Deuteronomy 33 vs 6 (Reuben shall not die). This happened because in Genesis 37 vs 21-22 (When Joseph was coming to check on the welfare of he’s brothers they conspired to kill him but Reuben said let us not kill him. He wanted to put Joseph in a pit and later on take him out and deliver him to Israel he’s father). When Benjamin was supposed to be taken to Egypt, Reuben volunteered to have he’s 2 sons killed if he didn’t return back with Benjamin (Genesis 42 vs 37)
- Some families one of the members either has to get mad or die every year
- Some family members have the same generational disease or sickness like BP, Cholesterol, obesity
- You are always being conned and always in losses
- You will never own a house you are cursed to rent till you die
- Genesis 31 vs 19, 30-32 >> (The quick death of Rachel)
- No one in your family starts a business, you all work till you die and never attain any wealth
- Not to eat good food, visit the restaurants
- Always broke and family is always in poverty
- Family never has good careers, they all end up with the lowest jobs, no one becomes a doctor, engineer
- Luke 7 vs 11-15 >> (Widow at Nain) & Ruth 1 vs 1 -5 >> (Elimelech, Mahlon and Chilion all died in Moab. Don’t call me Naomi but call me Mara
- People that you helped turn against you and leave you though you didn’t do any bad thing to them
- People just abuse you and leave you, it could be spiritual, physical, emotional of financial abuse.
- When you get into a good relationship its always with abusive partners or married ones and its never with single people
- Work very hard but it seems as if there are holes in the pocket
- Judges 6 vs 11 >> (Gideon was threshed wheat by the winepress)
- Destiny helpers ran away, those that said they will help you just disappear
- Children that you have raised so well have turned against you and fight you instead of being on your side. When you tell them to keep quiet, they tell you to keep quiet
- You have devilish dreams, nightmares. You cannot sleep well in the night because strange things come to you in the night attacking you abusing you
- When you are about to buy something valuable and you get a call from home that someone is extremely sick unto death and now you use that money to help that person.
- Joshua 7 vs 10 – 26 >> The defeat of Israel at Ai, when the men went to go and spy they told Joshua that we only need 3000 men to take Ai, when Joshua heard of this he tore he’s clothes, fell on he’s face before the ark of God and he and the elders of Israel put dust upon their heads. And Joshua inquired from the Lord why this had happened and the Lord said get up from where you are, Israel has sinned by bringing in an accused thing.
- Spirit of suicide affecting certain family members at certain ages. The spirit that causes young people to waste their lives
- Spirit of rejection, you do something excellent but its not acceptable, you can sing, cook, clean etc
- You could have mistreated your parents and they said may you children do the same to you.
- Maybe out of anger you said something, some of you could have laughed at certain men of God and like Elisha he made utterances to them and 2 female bears came out and killed the 40 children. Some of us have laughed at the priests in orthodox churches just because we are no filled by the Holy Ghost and have made sarcastic jokes about the churches. Mercy overwrites judgement
- 2 Samuel 19:21 >> But Abishai the son of Zeruiah answered and said, Shall not Shimei be put to death for this, because he cursed the Lord’s anointed?
- 2 Kings 2:24 >> And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
- Some women don’t give normal delivery, caesarian
- Genesis 8: 21 >> And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake; for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more everything living, as I have done.
- Isaiah 62 vs 4 >> 4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
- Isaiah 10: 27 >> And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
1. I release myself from the bondage of evil curses in Jesus’ name.
2. I vomit every satanic poison that I have swallowed, in Jesus’ name.
3. I cancel every demonic dedication, in the name of Jesus. Be repeating, “I cancel you, in the name of Jesus.”
4. (Place your two hands on your head.) I break every evil authority over my life, in the name of Jesus. Be repeating, “I break you, in the name of Jesus.”
5. Mention the underlisted with authority and say, “Break, in the name of Jesus”, seven hot times.
– every evil curse of family shrine or idol
– every evil curse of witchcraft and family spirits
– every evil curse of remote control powers
– every evil curse of the strongman
Genesis 37 vs 35 >> Jacob refused to be comforted by he’s daughters and sons when he was told that Joseph had died. Refuse to be comforted in Jesus name
6. Every owner of evil load, carry your load, in the name of Jesus.
7. I render every aggressive curse useless, in the name of Jesus.
8. Every evil curse spoken against me, be disgraced, in Jesus’ name.
9. Anything done against my life under demonic cursing be nullified, in the name of Jesus.
10. I cancel every evil curse altar spoken against against me, in the name Jesus.
Genesis 19 vs 30 – 38 >> (Lot and he’s daughters – curse of incest)
11. Let the blessings of the Almighty God overwrite every evil curse spoken against me, in the name of Jesus.
12. O Lord, send Your fire to destroy every evil curse against me and my family, in the name of Jesus.
13. Every evil person speaking against me and my destiny, receive the sword of God, in the name of Jesus.
14. Let the thunder of God smite every evil person speaking against me and releasing curses over my life and my destiny to burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
15. Let every evil person cursing me fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
John 4 >> The Samarian woman – came to withdraw water at 12pm, by herself, she was married multiple times, she was a prostitute, hated by society, no friends, no social life. Break the curse of rejection
16. Any hand that wants to retaliate or arrest me because of all these prayers I am praying, dry up and wither, in the name of Jesus.
17. Every stubborn evil person releasing curses over me and my children and my destiny, drink your own blood, in the name of Jesus.
18. I possess my possession stolen because of curses released upon me, in Jesus’ name.
19. I withdraw my name from every curse, in the name of Jesus.
Genesis 27: 12 – 13 >> The voice is Jacob’s but the hands are of Esau
20. I withdraw my blessings from every evil curse, in the name of Jesus.
21. I withdraw my breakthroughs from every evil curse, in Jesus’ name.
22. I withdraw my glory from every evil curse, in the name of Jesus.
23. I withdraw my prosperity from every evil curse, in Jesus’ name.
24. I withdraw anything representing me in any curse, in the name of Jesus.
Revelation 22:3 >> And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
1 Corinthians 11 vs 23-30
Song: I love Him too much to fail Him now
- Who ever drinks of the blood receives healing and the forgiveness of sins
- Who ever eats the bread receives eternal life
- It heals incurable sickness
- It is a coverage for divine protection
- It gives life. john 6:53
- you will dwell in God. john 6:57
- It opens closed doors
- It brings revival to an individual and the body of Christ at large.
Malachi 3 vs 8-12