“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. “Amen.
- TODAY WE ARE LOOKING AT THE FINAL PART OF MATT 6:13
“AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL, FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM AND THE POWER, AND THE GLORY, FOR EVER, AMEN
- WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF TEMPTATION?
- THE NUMBER ONE SOURCE OF TEMPTATION IS SATAN
- MAT.4:1 SAYS SATAN TEMPTED THE LORD.
- THE OTHER POWERFUL SOURCE OF TEMPTATION IS THE FLESH
- THIS OF COURSE IS A TOOL MANIPULATED NY SATAN
1 JOHN 2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
- THE LUST OF THE FLESH, THE LUST OF THE EYES,THE PRIDE OF LIFE ARE ALL SATANIC INTSTRUMENTS OF TEMPTATAION
- WE MUST BE CAREFUL TO LISTEN TO THE HOLY SPIRIT SO THAT WE WOULD NOT BE LED INTO SIN BY ALL THESE SATANIC WEAPONS OF THE FLESH
- SATAN WAS QUOTING THE WORD OF GOD TO JESUS CHRIST IN OTHER TO FOOL HIM TO OBEY THE SATANIC TEMPTATION TO SATISFY HIS HUNGER
- JESUS WAS CERTAINLY HUNGRY AFTER 40 DAYS OF FASTING,BUT HE WOULD NOT OBEY SATAN’S VOICE AND TURN STONE TO BREAD JUST BECAUSE GOD WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT HE WAS HUNGRY
1 COR 6:12
ANOTHER TRANSLATION SAYS
“Everything is permissible for me,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me,” but I will not be mastered by anything
JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE HUNGRY OR HAVE A NEED DOES NOT JUSTIFYBREAKING GOD’S COMMANDMENT TO MEET YOUR NEED
1 COR 12;13-20
13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.
15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body [g]and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- LET US LISTEN TO SOLOMON AS HE URGES US TO SEEK GOD EARLY IN LIFE ECCL 11;9-10
9 Rejoice, O young man, in your youth,
And let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth;
Walk in the [b]ways of your heart,
And [c]in the sight of your eyes;
But know that for all these
God will bring you into judgment.
10 Therefore remove [d]sorrow from your heart,
And put away evil from your flesh,
For childhood and [e]youth are vanity.
- ONE SURE TRICK OF THE DEVIL IS TO FOOL YOU THAT THAT UNLAWFUL DESIRE AND LUST IN YOUR HEART IS THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOUR LIFE
- HOW CAN YOU EVER BELIEVE FOREXAMPLE THAT GOD WANTS YOU TO COMMIT ADULTERY JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE UNHAPPY IN YOUR MARRIAGE?
- WHY ON EARTH WOULD GOD LEAD YOU INTO MARRYING AN UNBELIEVER?
- WOULD GOD EVER MAKE YOU DO ALL THOSE STRANGE THINGS YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT?
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- THE BIBLE SAYS WE SHOULD NOT ALLOW SATAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US FOR WE ARE NOT IGNORANT OF HIS DEVICES
- ANOTHER SOURCE OF TEMPTATION IS EVIL FRIENDS OR COMPANIES
- 1COR.15:33.SAYS THAT EVIL COMPANIONS WILL CORRUPT YOU
- ANOTHER UNBELIEVABLE SOURCE OF TEMPTATION IS YOUR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS
21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.
22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, [i]“Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”
23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are [j]an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”
- JESUS WAS PREDICTING HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION
- THEN PETER WAS IMMEDIATELY USED BY SATAN TO TEMPT THE LORD
AGAINST DOING THE WILL OF GOD FOR HIS LIFE
- WHENEVER WE PRAY “LORD LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL,”
- WE CAN EITHER PRAY IT WITH OUR UNDERSTANDING OF IN TONGUES
- WHENEVER WE PRAY AND ASK GOD TO DELIVER US FROM TEMPTATION,GOD BEGINS TO LIMIT THE TEMPTATIONS THAT COME TOUS IN SEVERAL WAYS:
- HE SETS THE TIME LIMIT OF THE TEMPTATION.
- HE ALSO SETS THE TIMING OF THE TEMPTATION
- HE WOULD ALLOW IT IF WE ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND THAT PARTICULAR TYPE OF TEMPTATION
- HE GUIDES THE STRESS OR AMOUNT OF PRESSURE DURING THE ACTUALTEMPTATION
- HIS EYES AND COUNSELS WATCH OVER US AT EACH MOMENT.
- JUST WHEN WE THINK WE WILL WEAKEN AND SIN THE LORD REMOVES THE PRESSURE AND MAKES A WAY TO ESCAPE.
- ALL THAT BECAUSE WE HAVE PRAYED AND ASKED FOR HIS HELP
- ALL THAT BECAUSE WE RECOGNISE THAT HIS IS THE KINGDOM, POWER AND THE GLORY
- THIS UNDERSCORES THE NEED FOR US TO FOCUS ON THE LORD AND TO KEEP WATCHING AND PRAYING WITH HIGHEST PRAISE AND WORSHIP
- AS WE PRAY LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, WE MUST PRAY AGAINST:
- POVERTY – PROV.30:9.
- HUMILITY – IN PROSPERITY – PROV.30:9.
- AGAINST WORLDLY GLORY – NUM.22:17
- AGAINST DISCOURAGEMENT – PS.42:11.
- UNBELIEF – JOB.2:9.
- PRESUMPTION – MAT.4:6
- BACKSLIDING AND WORSHIPPING THE GOD OF THIS WORLD.MAT.4:9.
- LOVE OF PLEASURE – 2TIM.4:10.
- LOVE OF POWER – ACTS.8:19.
- LOVE OF THE WORLD ; LOT’S WIFE’S IN GEN.19:1-6.
- LOVE OF POSSESSIONS, ACHAN IN JOSH.7:1-24.
- IMMORALITY – 2SAM.11:2-4 ( DAVID AND BATHSHEBA)
- LOVE OF MONEY: JUDAS ISCARIOT JOHN.13:21-30.
- WE NEED TO PRAY AGAINST THESE TEMPTATIONS BECAUSE ONCE WE YIELD TO THEM OUR TESTIMONY WILL BE WEAKENED.
- IF WE RESIST THEM, THE LORD WILL BE GLORIFIEDIN OUR LIVES
- WE SHALL GROW STRONGER AND SHALL BE ABLE RESIST OTHER TEMPTATIONS.
- WE SHALL GROW IN FAITH AND SPIRITUAL MATURITY.
- OUR OBEDIENCE IS CONFIRMED AS WE OVERCOME EACH TEMPTATION.
- IF WE WOULD PRAY AS THE LORD TEACHES US, WE CAN OVERCOME BECAUSE HIS IS THE KINGDOM, THE POWER AND THE GLORY.
- HOW TO GET VICTORY OVER TEMPTATION.
- BY GOD’S FAITHFULNESS – 1COR.10:13 ; REV.3:10.
- BY USING GOD’S WORD.
- BY ASKING JESUS TO PRAY FOR US LUK.22:31-32.
- BY PERSONAL PRAYER “WATCH AND PRAY, THAT YE ENTER NOT INTO TEMPTATION.” MAT.26:41.
- BY FLEEING – 2TIM.2:22; PROV.4:14-15.
- BY RESISTING THE DEVIL JAS.4:7.
- BY ACCEPTING THE WAY OF ESCAPE THAT GOD PROVIDES FOR US .
- FINALLY TEMPTATIONS COME TO ALL MEN.
- EVERY BELIEVER MUST EXPECT TO BE TEMPTED.
- AS YOU PRAY, PRAISE THE LORD FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF VICTORY AND BRINGING GLORY TO HIS NAME.
- IF EVER WE FALL AND SIN, WE SHOULD BE CONSCIOUS OF IMMEDIATE RESTORATION THROUGH CONFESSION, REPENTANCE AND THE BLOOD OF CHRIST. – 1JOHN.1:9.
- GOD WILL ALWAYS HELP US, FOR HIS IS THE KINGDOM THE POWER AND THE GLORY, FOR EVER AND EVER AMEN.
- THANK GOD SATAN IS NOT IN CHARGE OF OUR LIVES, GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL.
- PRAYER OF SALVATION
- THE LORD’S PRAYER AND ASK THE LORD TO DELIVER YOU FROM YOUR PRESENT SET OF TEMPTATION
- HEALING AND MIRACLE PRAYER